It is a festival really, and the camping has everything it needs to take us back to Dour 1995 (yes we are that old) …
We didn’t miss out on demo day and tested a BMC Trailfox, the Devinci Spartan, a Scott Voltage, Knolly Chilcotin & Warden and some others. To be honest we found the tracks rather poor (especially for testing enduro bikes) and that feedback made it into the daily magazine :-) Let’s hope next year will be better (we’ll hook up the organization of the demo day with the guys from endurando.be or gravitybikedevelopment.be ;) )
But the tracks did allow us to test a couple of cyclocross bikes (Ritchey, GT, Felt, …), we agreed one one thing: we seriously consider adding one to the Fonce bike range!
The track of the Rapha ride on the other hand was perfect ! The Pinarello’s are not exactly our cup of tea but with some flat pedals on them, these things ride quite good … and the bbq afterwards was delicious. Special thanks to Anna from Rapha: great communication and super helpful! Consider this an insider tip when visiting Eurobike.
We were surprised and delighted by the passion and enthousiasm of the Magura boys. We’re currently Shimano-Brakes fans but the braking power & dosage we felt on these MT7’s was unbelievable … no shit !
ps: lovely bikes they use to have their new line tested :)
As for every festival there are a few highlights:
- In our case we took a tandem for a ride on the trails, and gave it a spin on the local pump track, biggest laughs of the day!
- It’s always good to have a supermarket right next to the camping. For certain Fonce crew members a big foreign supermarket is walhalla …
As for the 20 football fields full of eyecandy, we can say this:
- ION has a very beautiful collection for 2015 … available chez Fonce as from February 2015. They have a great sales and marketing guy.
- Smith optics has a range of helmets that stood out technically and fit like a glove.
- The new Commencal bikes look even better in real life … looking forward to test them during our upcoming trip to Andorra in 2 weeks! Check out their new site: specs, looks and prices are “pretty ok” :) Pre-orders accepted @Fonce from now on! Do check our Facebook page in a couple of weeks for availability of demo bikes!
Some other bike brands got our attention and maybe, just maybe, something new might be coming up …we also decided to expand our offer of accessories and clothing. The rule is simple, only stuff we back for 100%: from the philosophy and background of the product till the people behind it.